Monday, January 25, 2010

Unanswered questions

I've got a lot of questions about the 307 I can't answer yet. If you can answer any of these, please comment below.

If what you say makes sense, I'll post on the topic and give you credit for your answer. You can also contact me with your own questions. (I know this is a really top-down way to work, but until there's enough readers to start an English-language forum, it's also the simplest.)

This list will change as knowledge increases :)

1. When recording with TR-REC, why are notes automatically input with a velocity of 64? Is there any way to change the default velocity to 127 (or some other value)?

2. Is there an online version of OS 1.03 anywhere? (YES -- SEE NEXT POST FOR ANSWER.)

7 comments:

  1. For the first question:

    When on the TR-REC screen, the velocity is the value below the note name. And the other value below it (the third one) is the duration. This is on page 71 of the Owner's Manual. Set it BEFORE you insert notes. If you want to change the velocity of an inserted note or notes, you have to delete and re-insert them, or edit them on the Micro Edit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Yes, this is possible. I don't have my 307 here, but on the page where you select the note number/specific drum instrument, there is also the velocity value displayed, which you can change. This value is the new given velocity for all TR-REC input until you change it again.

    2a. OS 1.03 is here: http://www.rolandmusik.de/downloads/updates/index.php

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't remember where I found this but it worked for me from 1.02 to 1.03. Used midi-ox to transfer the SMF files. Instructions in the zip.

    PEACE - Moonstarr

    http://rapidshare.com/files/364405451/MC307v103.zip.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hit knob assign while in step-edit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi i recently purchased an mc-307 and am having trouble hooking it up to my two KRK rokit 5" speakers...the volume is incredibly low when i use a basic 1/4" cable to each. same volume level problem when i use headphones. any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you tried the troubleshooting ideas in the manual? They're on page 140. A link to the online version is in a post from October 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Chad, great blog. Just got the 307 for $75!!! I'm familiar with synths, drum machines,etc... But I keep getting a "phase" when programming drums...like the same snare is sounding over it self to create a phase. I tried to put it in its own mute group but that didn't work. I'll keep looking, but just a little weird. Thanks for the blog! -Pax

    ReplyDelete